Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Global English Assignment 7

Global English Assignment 7
1.
You ruffled his feathers when you asked him about his income.
2.
He didn't know he was talking about a touchy subject.
3.
I'd rather not discuss this delicate issue in front of the whole group.
4.
standoffish (adjective)
unfriendly and unsociable
The new manager seemed to be standoffish at first because he didn't mingle with the group before the meeting.
5.
broach the subject (verb phrase)
to bring up a particular subject for discussion that might make some people uncomfortable
I'd like to broach the subject of cultural sensitivity.
6.
feel put off (verb phrase)
to be offended by someone's behavior or actions
She felt put off by his personal questions.
7.
pave the way (verb phrase)
to create the conditions that will make progress easy
The early Internet companies paved the way for the Internet companies of today.
8.
I'm writing to update you on my meeting with Mr. Ducey regarding Efficiency Systems' new upgrade.
9.
let someone in on something (verb phrase)
to tell someone confidential or private information
The CEO let me in on the business plan.
10.
Could you give me a concrete example?
11.
Are you saying that....?
It sounds like...
If I understand you correctly, ...
12.
To put it simple,...

What I am trying to say is ...    

No comments:

Post a Comment