Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Friends note

Do I dare ask?
We don't have as much money as you.
It was pretty much sucked.
Here's your bill. Let me get there.
He's just adorable.
I have no morals and I need the cash.
It's like I'm looking in a mirror.
How do you say this in English?
Sorry but I am tied up all day tomorrow.
I am not 100% fluent, but at least I am improving.
The price is too high/ rather low.
The car is speeding. Or “The car is going too fast.”
This is easier said than done.
Spotter Safety: Your Number One Priority.

You don't need to fill these silences.

It's pretty much the gist.

Season 8 02
Chandler: Not the disposable cameras from the tables.
How about I take the real pictures and get them developed right now.
Monica: You kissed another woman!
Chandler: Call it even?!
Ross: Hey! How you doing?
Tag: Good! Good, long time no see.

Ross: Yeah.

Season 8 03
Chandler: Hey! Babe! Aren’t you excited we’re going on our honeymoon?
Monica: That’s right. Get it out of your system while we’re alone.
get something out of your system:
informal to do something that helps you get rid of unpleasant strong feelings
I was furious, so I went for a run to get it out of my system.
Monica: Yeah, but I’m the only one related by blood.
Rachel: Ross, there is no pressure on you. Okay? I mean you can as involved as you want. (Ross nods.)
Mr. Treeger: Namaste. (Bows.)
namaste:(印度)合十礼
used for greeting someone with respect, especially when you put your hands together in a movement which is called a namaskar
Ross: Nothing. But the complaint department at the condom company got an earful. And then when I turned around she was gone.
earful:
a lot of talk from someone, especially someone who is angry or complaining
Phoebe: Hey! So how was the doctor?
Rachel: Oh, everything went great.

No comments:

Post a Comment