Saturday, January 5, 2013

telephone interview

I know beach head is handling this with you, and I’m sure you’ll be fair with what the market is paying.

Telephone process:
1. greeting/ask how other person is doing
2. identify yourself
3. ask how other person is doing
4. small talk
5. purpose of the call
and the detail
6. end the call.

I’m calling in connection with my interview feedback.
I’d like to register for the pronunciation class.

Can you bear with me a minute?
It’s very nice talking to you.
OK. See you later. Have a good day.
Do you mind spell your name? Sorry I missed your name.
Sorry, who’s calling?
Sorry, did you say …
P as in Peter (P for/like Peter) (Only spell when required)
Can I repeat that back to you?
So that is …

Can I speak to someone about + noun/verb + -ing
I’m calling about + noun/verb + -ing
It’s with regard to + noun/verb + -ing
I’m phoning because of + noun
The reason I’m phoning is because of some rewritable CDs ...
I’m phoning to + infinitive

Is there someone I can speak to about applying for the course?
I’m phoning to ask for a catalogue.

I’ll put/connect you through …
You need to speak to my colleague. I’ll try/transfer his number for you.
I’ll transfer/put you to Silvia.

Is this a good moment?
Yes, it’s fine
Are you busy right now?
I am rather. Do mind calling back this afternoon?
Do you have a second or do you want me to call later?
Now is fine.
Have I rung you at a busy time?
Yes, you have rather. I’m just dealing with something.
Can we talk now or later?

Sorry, can you call again later?

Who’s calling/call?
Hi Walter. This was/is Vitale.
It’s been nice talking to you.

didn’t answer/pick up/ignore (do not use reject)

I’m connecting you now. (putting you through)
I’ll return your call in a minute. (call back)
Every time I call, she puts the phone down. (hangs up)
Wait while I see if he’s in. (hang on/hold on)
I’ll give her your message. (pass on)

Could you spell that for me?
Could you call back again later?
Do you mind if I ask …

landline
BBM (black berry messenger)
call display
voice mail
busy signal
pound key (hash key in UIK)

screen interview (phone interview)
Thank you so much for calling.
I’m not available currently, would you please …

Could you please repeat that?
Could you please say that again?
I didn’t catch that. Could you say that one more time, please?
I missed the first part. Would you mind repeating it?
I’m sorry What did you say?

Oh/Sorry. Let me repeat that. I said how to evaluate your performance.

Are you saying that …?
What (exactly) do you mean by (mission)?
Could you explain what you mean by … ?
What does _ mean? Does that mean _?
Would you mind explaining that in a little more detail?

What I’m trying to say is …
What I mean is …
What I meant was …

Are you following me?/Are you with me?
Was that clear? Is that clear enough?

Let me get this straight. You mean …?



I can do the job.
I am a good fit.

Subject: Application for the position
Dear …
I’m sending …
           Thank you …
attachment.




No comments:

Post a Comment