Saturday, January 5, 2013

English idioms

B: So you must be earning decently, don't you?
  B: 那你钱一定挣得不少喽?
  A: Well, just average。
  A: 哦,只不过一般而已。
Yes, but my pay is on an hourly basis and it's not up to much。
  B: 是的,不过我的工资是以小时计算的,而这笔收入并不足道。
  A: Then you must be working overtime。

The picture flattered her。她比较上照。
 15.I wish I could bring you to see my point。你要我怎么说你才能明白呢。
  16.You really flatter me。你让我受宠若惊。
26.That took his breath away。他大惊失色。
Are you by yourself?你一个人来吗?
Back in a moment!马上回来!

Believe it or not!信不信由你!
Don't get me wrong!你搞错了!
Don't stand on ceremony!别太拘束!
I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。
I feel like sleeping/ taking a walk. 我想睡/散步。
16.I see what your mean. 我了解你的意思。

  17.I can’t do this. 我不能这么做。

  18.Let me explain why I was late. 让我解释迟到的理由。
36.Are you mind if I take tomorrow off? 你介意我明天请假吗?
37.I enjoy working with you very much. 我很喜欢和你一起工作。
How did the game turn out? 球赛结果如何?
How did you get through it? 你是怎样熬过来的?
Why am I doing this, and who am I doing this for? 我为什么要做这个?我又为了谁?
Who am i gonna ask? 我应该问谁呢?
I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name. Paul, was it? 不好意思,我没听清楚你的名字。保罗是吗?
I'm spaced-out!我开小差了!
I can't follow you!我不懂你说的!
I don't mean it!我不是故意的!
I'll be in touch!保持联络!
I'll show you around!我带你四处逛逛!

I'll see to it!我会留意的!
Make up your mind.作个决定吧!
My mouth is watering!我要流口水了!
Nice talking to you!很高兴和你聊天!
Now you are really talking!说得对!

Please don't rush me!请不要吹促我!

Please keep me informed!请一定要通知我!

She looks blue today.她今天很忧郁!

She is under the weather.她心情不好!
So far,so good.过得去。

Speaking of the devil!一说曹操,曹操就到!
That makes no difference.不都一样吗?

That's a touchy issue!这是个辣手得问题!

That's always the case!习以为常!

That's going too far!这太离谱了!

That's more like that!这才象话嘛!
Where can I wash my hands? (请问洗手间在哪里?)
What's the weather like today?(今天天气如何?)

No comments:

Post a Comment