Monday, June 25, 2018

Global English3

Global English3
1.
Do you resemble your mother or father?
2.
Let's shoot for finishing by eight.
3.
True love will stand the test of time.
4.
Are you going to take part in the game?
5.
Most up-and-coming NBA stars earn a lot of money.
6.
--Susan. How are you?
--Hi, Alison. I didn't expect to run into you here.
--I'm having a party tonight around seven. Why don't you drop by?
--Oh that sounds like fun. I have to drop some things off at my office, but I will come afterwards.
--Great. I'm looking forward to seeing you.
7.
I made out of a list of things to get.
8.
On my way to work, I ran out of gas, so I had to walk to a gas station to get more.
9.
reach a peak
hit bottom
stabilize, fluctuate: To explain activity and inactivity represented by your graphs or charts, use these words and phrases.
10.
We want to consider the problem from all possible angles.
11.
Let's look at it from a new angle.
12.
I'd like to hear what you think about ... or
What are your views on ...?
What do you like best about ...? is used to ask for details about someone's positive opinion. What is your main concern about ...? and What in particular concerns you? are used to ask about a negative opinion. The first two expressions are followed by a noun phrase or a gerund (V-ing).
13.

How did your proposal go over with the client?

No comments:

Post a Comment