Monday, August 20, 2012

Daddy is a cozy hug

Daddy is a cozy hug

Daddy is a fish with fins when summer heats the air.
We splish and splash in crashing waves--a wiggling, wriggling pair.
Daddy is a tap-tap hammer, building things with me.
We work tap-tap and make a house for birdies in our tree.
Daddy is my pillow where rest my sleepy head.
When camping far beneath the stars, he’s better than a bed.
Daddy is a sneaky fox when playing hide-and-seek.
He makes himself so hard to find...
I sometimes have to peek.

Daddy is a handy horse for cowpokes on the go.
He bucks and snorts, then giddyups ...until I tell him, “Whoa!”
Daddy is a pile of leaves when fall comes rolling round.
One, two, three... I run and jump!
We make a crunchy sound!
Daddy is a choo-choo train that clickity-clacks along.
With me as engineer up front, we sing a chugging song.
Daddy is my blanket when cold winds begin to blow.
Bundled round me soft and snug, he warms me from the snow.
Daddy is my valentine with sticky, gummy glue, sprinkled with a glitter message--I LOVE YOU.
Daddy is the rushing wind that makes my kite take wing … and dip and dive, as if alive, a-dancing on a string.
Daddy’s my umbrella that hides me from drip-drops.
He keeps me dry from cloudy skies until the spring rain stops.
Daddy is a cozy hug when tucking me in tight.
He kisses me on cheek--and nose--then whispers, “Nighty-night.”
Daddy is so many things with me the whole year through.
I’m glad I have my daddy...
Daddy, I love you.

Especially when you’re on the go.
It's like the clock rolling round to the end of something, tomorrow I start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment