Friday, January 9, 2015

My dictation on IELTS 7, TEST1, part 1

1.
My dictation on IELTS 7, TEST1, part 1
Man: Hello this is the land transport information at Toronto air port how may I help you?
Woman: Oh good morning I'm flying to Toronto airport next week and I need to get to a town called Milton. Could you tell me how I can get there?
Man: Milton did you say. let me see I think that's about 150 miles south west here. In fact, it's 147 miles to be exact so it will take you say at least 3 to 4 hours by road.
Woman: Wow, it is as far as that.
Man: Yes I'm afraid so but you have a number of options to get you there and you can always rent a car right here at the air port of cause
Woman: Wow I don't really want to drive by myself so I like to know more information about public transport?
Man: OK in that case the quickest and most comfortable is a cab and of cause there are always plenty available but it will cost you. You can also take a gray hound
bus or there's air port shuttle bus service to Milton.
Woman: Oh, thanks for that kind of distance of the cab is a way beyond my budget but the bus sounds OK can you tell me how much that would cost?
Man: Sure let's see that would be 15 dollars one way or 27.50 return and that is the gray hound service.
Woman: Oh, that is much cheap right. Where does it stop at Milton?
Man: It goest directly from the airport here to the city center and it's pretty fast. But you have to bear in mind that there's only one departure a day so it depends on what time
your flight gets there.
Woman: Ah, of cause hang on I'm due to get there at 11:30 AM.
Man: Too bad, the bus leaves at 3:45 you'll have to quite wait more than 4 hours
Woman: Well what about the shuttle you mentioned?
Man: OK that is the air port shuttle that will take you from the airport right to your hotel a private drive it's a door to door service and it would be much better as it's
every two hours
Woman: So how much does that cost?
Man: Let's see yeah that's 35 dollars one 65 dollars return so I guess it's a bit more expensive than than the gray hound.
Woman: Oh that doesn't sound too bad, especially it will take you straight to the hotel
Man: but do you need to reserve a seat
Woman: OK, is it possible to book right now from you?
Man: Sure.

The difference:
it is as far as that -> is it as far as that
drive by myself -> drive myself
I like -> I'd like
there's air port shuttle bus -> there's an air port shuttle bus
thanks for that kind of distance of the cab is a way beyond my budget -> I think for that kind of distance a cab would be a way beyond my budget
that is the gray hound service. -> that's on the Greyhound service.
that is much cheap right -> that is much cheap great
Where does it stop at Milton? -> but whereabouts does it stop at Milton?
your flight gets there. -> your flight gets in.
I'm due to get there at 11:30 AM. -> We're due to get there at 11:30 AM
you'll have to quite wait more than 4 hours -> so you would have quite a wait - more than 4 hours
that is the air port shuttle that will take you from the airport right to your hotel a private drive -> That's the Airport Shuttle that will take you
from the airport right to your hotel or private address.
it would suit you much better because there's one every two hours.
book right now from you? -> make a booking right now? Through you?

No comments:

Post a Comment